We are in the process of testing vDos so we can run Peachtree 11 for Dos on a Windows 10 system. We are running into one problem with our testing relating to print to screen. There are some parts of the program where you can do a look up and see past records - Peachtree does this via a print to screen. There is no real print option and you do not select a printer - just select look-up and the data should come to screen. We see a quick on screen flash "Please Wait- Printing" and then nothing happens. All other standard printing is working fine - any ideas how we can get print to screen to work?
So it’s not about printing, but Peachtree not displaying data with that print to screen option?
If you start vDos with the log option (“…vDos.exe /log”) what does the generated vDos.log file show the moment print to screen is used. Perhaps it generates a text file, that is supposed to be displayed by an external program. Either that text file is not found, or the external program not started?
correct - not printing, the app has some screens where you can do a more detailed lookup and Peachtree uses a print to screen or file function to show this data. I have attached two logs - one where i used the app but did not try this function and all worked. the 2nd log is when i tried the lookup and it did not work. I tried to find some clues in the logs but really did not understand them. Besides this - it looks like everything else is working great.
I just finished some testing and can confirm that a print file gets created in the Peachtree directory. The file name is "PTPRN" and i can open it in notepad and confirm it is the data. The application just cant find it or display it .
I don’t think that will help, but just to be sure.
Could be the program uses some environment variable to locate the generated "PTPRN" file. Have a look at the batch file that started Peachtree before with Windows 32-bit. There would be some SET ….=<Peachtree work directory>, check if this is also valid in the vDos setup.
Else that previous batch file could be located in (Windows and DOS) C:\PCA\, it and Peachtree expects (DOS) C:\ to have C:\PCA. Though not in the current vDos setup: (DOS) C:\ resolves to (Windows) C:\PCA. Move (Windows) C:\PCA to (Windows) C:\vDos\PCA, so (DOS) C:\ becomes (Windows) C:\vDos, and (DOS) C:\PCA is valid.